Фондацијата „Чекор по чекор“ со поддршка на Save the Children International од Косово го реализира проектот „И ЈАС ИМАМ ГЛАС“. Во рамки на Проектот, покрај програмските, планирани се и активности за организациско јакнење. Со таа цел, Фондацијата објавува повик за позицијите ФАЦИЛИТАТОР и КО-ФАЦИЛИТАТОР ЗА ПРОЦЕНА НА КАПАЦИТЕТИТЕ НА ОРГАНИЗАЦИЈАТА. Повикот е отворен до 27.10.2021, а деталите можете да ги најдете во текстот во продолжение.
FACILITATORS FOR ORGANISATIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
Duration of Assignment: 10 working days total over the period of November
The Foundation for Education and Cultural Initiatives Step by Step is a strategic partner of Save the Children International office in Kosovo, which is implementing a project of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA). SIDA has a strong commitment to support the capacity strengthening of local civil society organizations. Part of Save the Children’s key requirements is to indicate a clear plan on how a certain percentage of the grant will be used for capacity strengthening. The Organizational Capacity Development (OCD) approach to capacity strengthening will be used, monitored and reported back to the donor.
The Foundation for Educational and Cultural Initiatives Step by Step supports the development of an open society through activities in the field of education, as well as human (children’s) rights and civil society. The foundation was established on 31.03.2001, as a nongovernmental organization with the mission to prepare, develop and implement programs that promote education and culture in the contemporary society as a key factor for educational, cultural, economic and social development. The Vision of the Foundation is an open society that provides opportunities for children to express themselves, to develop their full potential and to enjoy their rights.
The consultancy assignment will be centred on assessing the capacity strengthening needs of the organization. This will contribute to and enable the process of strengthening local civil society.
The process of Organizational Capacity Development started in 2019 with a holistic assessment by using an Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA). The OCA is based on the idea that it is possible to obtain an overall picture of an organization’s capacity and development profile by making systematic reviews and assessments of three basic aspects that are analysed with the aid of eight variables. In 2019 the base line assessment was done. In November 2021, the end-line assessment will be conducted.
The eight variables, here called ‘Areas of Capacity’ are:
1. Governance and Structure
2. Culture and Inclusion
3. Management, HR and Staff
5. Implementation and Quality
7. Networking and Communication
8. Influence and Legitimacy
2. OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE
An Organisational Capacity Assessment (OCA) is a process that seeks to assess the capacity of any organisation across a broad range of topics. The overall objective of the consultancy is to;
a) Conduct an Organizational Capacity Assessment by facilitating a participatory workshop methodology outlined in the SCS tool for OCA. The workshop aims to identify areas for organizational improvement in order to achieve sustainable results.
b) Ensure thorough documentation throughout the workshop and produce a report summarizing the outcomes.
c) Assist The Foundation for Education and Cultural Initiatives Step by Step with developing a four-year OCD plan to address the identified areas of improvements identified in the workshop.
It should be emphasized in the introduction of participatory workshops that different opinions are encouraged and the facilitator's role is to lead the discussion and ensure that the outcome reflects the reality in the best way. Discussion and scoring on each of the criteria allows the organization to determine gaps and make recommendations for building the required capacity.
3. METHODOLOGY OF THE ORGANISATIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT
The OCA and its workshop should be used as a first step in the process of organisational development and should involve many diverse representatives of the organisation through a participatory workshop consisting of a questionnaire and data entry sheet. The workshop aims to look at the overall situation at the time of assessment through the opinion of various groups within the organization and identify current situation within various aspects and identify areas of improvements. The workshop consists of an introduction, division of four pre-decided groups that answers a large set of questions within the group and a plenary that brings all groups and their answers together and where the facilitator leads a discussion with all groups to find a consensus on the current state of each question and area. Current situation and areas of improvements are identified and documented during the plenum.
4. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
4.1 Facilitator: The facilitator will be responsible for:
- Become familiar with the OCA Tool.
- Introducing the workshop and its purpose and methodology
- Creating an open environment where all opinions and perspectives are equally important and relevant and participants feel safe and secure both during and after the workshop
- Lead the participatory workshop with SbS staff, expert network and partners. The workshop will last three days and will be facilitated in Macedonian language.
- Guiding participants during group work to explain questions and methodology
- Leading the plenary and enforcing a culture of openness
- Leading the plenary discussion through follow up questions, examples and advice to inspire participants and organisational development
- Active support and guidance through each step of the workshop
Thorough note taking in the tool throughout plenary discussion
- Complete in detail the OCA Tool (Entering data into the tool as answers become available
- Providing the Capacity Needs assessment report.
In coordination with SbS identify the priority areas for organizational development for the next 4 years and complete the OCD Framework. Deliver documents and other deliverables on a timely manner.
Workshop material (OCA Tool and Manual), will be provided by the Step by Step Macedonia Foundation
4.2 Step by Step Macedonia Foundation: The Step by Step Macedonia Foundation will have the responsibility for the overall management of the facilitator and this will include the following:
- Provide the Save the Children OCA Tool and manual to the facilitator for the workshop purposes
- Review and approve the proposed methodology
- Organize the workshop
- Ensure that SbS staff and other planned participants take part in the workshop
- Monitor the delivery of milestones
- Review and approve the OCD Framework template and final Capacity Needs Assessment Report
- Ensure completion of the OCD Framework detailing the OCD work for the next coming years.
5. KEY DELIVERABLES
- Maintenance of a neutral and professional approach during the review process and during the overall workshop of the assessment.
- Facilitation and thorough documentation of the participatory workshop.
- Draft comprehensive validated report which includes findings of the OCA and recommendations for the continued development of organisational capacity submitted within 6 days of the workshop.
- OCA Tool completed in English
- Final report submitted
- One day preparation of OCD Framework (in English) together with SbS which is to be submitted within 8 days after the workshop.
6. DURATION AND TIMEFRAME
The contract of the assignment should be for 8 working days within the timeframe of 2 months, preferable throughout the period starting from the 15th September 2019, including:
- Familiarization with OCA tool and initial meetings- 1 day
- Facilitation of OCA participatory workshop: 3 days
- Report writing: 1 day
7. QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES OF CONSULTANT
- Advanced degree in economics, development studies, social sciences or related discipline
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in conducting organizational capacity needs assessments, experience with self-assessment processes will be an advantage;
- At least 5 years of experience working in organizational development within civil society
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to lead a plenary and document simultaneous
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with diverse people.
8. APPLICATION PROCEDUREApplications must be sent in English and entail the following:
- Expression of Interest and Availability;
- Updated CV;
- Two references from similar assignments; and copies of the reports they prepared (if applicable);
- Expected remuneration, in the form of gross fee per day.