USAID “Readers are Leaders” project offers interactive and creative activities for you to join us and to contribute to the improvement of young students’ reading and numeracy skills.
If you are a parent
The family has the initial and permanent influence over the child’s development. You can contribute by supporting your child educate at school and by helping the child learn at home. Therefore:
- Read with your child every day;
- Encourage your child to read with you;
- You are a role model to your child – Let your child read and have books and magazines in your home;
- Follow our News and Events section on to get information about the planned project activities;
- Visit our Library and download materials and activities.
If you are an older brother/sister or another family member
- Try to read picture books or books together as often as possible;
- Encourage the child to read to you;
- Visit the library together;
- Give the child a book as a birthday present or on other occasions;
- Use every opportunity to check in a fun way how far the child has improved his/her literacy and numeracy;
- Follow our News and Events section to get information and to attend some of the project events;
- Visit our Library and download activities and materials.
If your school was not selected to take part in one of the three project phases, there is still a possibility for you to be involved in our activities. Our Magic Literacy Van and Reading Roadshow can visit your school and local community. If you are interested to join these activities, contact Ana Dimovska through:
telephone: + 389 2 30 77 900
cell: +389 72 30 73 29
or fill out the contact form below: